"May I write words more naked than flesh, stronger than bone, more resilient than sinew, sensitive than nerve." _ Sappho

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reposting: Somatic community call for input

Having just http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifreceived my first response to this post from October of 2007, I want to bring it forward for obvious reasons. If anyone out there is reading my blogs and can begin to see their interrelatedness, AND is interested in supporting me moving forward in my goals to earn my degree in Somatics, and/or my art projects, to make this bodysense awareness visual, please read on in an inspired manner!
My future posts will be an examination of the article: "Contents of the Somatic Practices and Dance: Global Influences," orignally printed in Dance Research Journal (2002) 34 (2) 46- 62, as written by: Martha Eddy, CMA, Ed. D. (Listed in the "Voice in the Disciplines" section of this blog!)
I invite you to respond to my inquiries and examinations, as well as, to the contents found in general in this blog as it motivates you.

The first response I post here to share: (Thank-you for this!)

April 2, 2008 4:09 PM

Santa Barbara Graduate Institute said...

Hello Somatikos,

My name is Alice from Santa Barbara Graduate Institute. Your blog caught my attention because we work with Martha Eddy and Moving On Center as well as other Somatic leaders such as Pat Ogden at the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute and Greg Johanson. I thought you might be interested in checking us out as SBGI offers the first doctoral program in Somatic. Christine Caldwell, Judyth Weaver, and Susan Aposhyan are some of our esteemed faculty. Our website is www.sbgi.edu or you can email me anytime for more information.

No comments: