"May I write words more naked than flesh, stronger than bone, more resilient than sinew, sensitive than nerve." _ Sappho

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Is Seattle to be my new home?


I am looking for work in a setting where I fit basically. Fit into a mutually friendly work environment as a hybrid with real knowledge and experience. A cultural hybrid who has pioneered work and life in "alternative culture" from studio artwork to a past in traditional dance to research work on Women in the Arts to my long passion for nutrition as health, etc.
Of late, it seems as though critical mass is showing up on the horizon as I have renew ed my long "Artists & Somatics" Google searches, Very lately, I have actually been able to make contact with other forms of intelligent hybrid life-forms out there!
I am discovering women who have been pioneering in parallel universes combining earth-centered, body-movement integration with sustainable living practices in all the creative and initially innovative voices as can be imagined and discovered by one person searches!
After reading an incredible body-centered manifesto (see the pdf file: THE BODYBASED ACTIVIST: A PATH TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY WITH BODY AS GUIDE!), I knew I had to make contact with its author. Which has since led me to this person's work.
My writing style is not meant to be misleading or too mysterious rather leading to the discovery, so click on the links where they are inserted in the text! It is part of the adventure; to discover what is there awaiting your own discovery! Especially when those discoveries concern work that is occuring on this scale.
Since all of the newly discovered links referenced in this post are in the Seattle and near vicinity, I am wondering out loud... as well as planning a little exploratory trip with résumé(s) in hand, next week-end!

Let me know what you are finding, and what your discoveries make you think about.

No comments: