"May I write words more naked than flesh, stronger than bone, more resilient than sinew, sensitive than nerve." _ Sappho

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yoga Workshop this week-end

I am currently attending a yoga workshop which began last night. It is an all week-end focus on Tri-Yoga with Kali Ray.

This is a full-circle event of sorts for me, in that I have studied with Kali in the past as a direct result of studying with my first yoga teacher of many years_ many years ago.

In my own experiences, this particular encounter is one that I have intentionally chosen in order to bring up a lot of considerations, both personal and general with regard to how body intelligence work generally happens in American culture. I will begin to follow up on the week-end experiences with my own observations and thoughts as the workshop winds down.

No comments: